Caren Williams’ expertise in land development projects is surpassed by very few in the real estate field. With over 30 years’ experience in the land development and home building industry, she can assist you in finding the appropriate site for land development projects or your business operations. Her extensive background in due diligence, entitlements, project management and real estate transactions can help you through complex site selection for large or small scale land acquisitions. She has represented investors, developers and builders in seeking to acquire, entitle and sell residential land and master planned communities. Her experience has covered 7 states including North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Florida, California and Texas
Beginning in 1979, working as an assistant planner with a small landscape architecture firm in Florida, she has amassed experience in working for surveyors, civil engineers, land developers and home builders prior to opening her own consulting firm called CL Williams Group, LLC in 2000. During that time span she has
- Thirty-three years’ experience in land planning, land development and homebuilding industry including 11 years’ experience in due diligence, land acquisition and lot sales covering 4,850 lots on 1,817 acres in 6 different states.
- Managed and entitled 12,107 home sites covering 6,245 acres as a project manager encompassing 27 land development projects.
- Designed, entitled, managed and sold 30 commercial shopping centers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Virginia and California.
- Participated at some level in over $1 Billion worth of land development projects either with land planning; conceptual layout; planning; civil engineering; project management and/or local, state, and federal entitlements.
- Managed $725 million in acquisitions of raw land or sales of finished lots.
- Presented 46 development projects in over 250 public hearings.
- Processed a full range of environmental permits with local, state and federal agencies.
Ms. Williams has a proven track record of quality master planned communities and housing projects that are still great neighborhoods today. Some nearly 22 years later with golf courses, trails, parks, natural conservation areas, community centers, neighborhood shopping centers, schools and churches. Her projects have withstood the test of time in sustainability.
Several of Caren’s projects have been equestrian master planned communities. As a fourth generation horse woman, Caren’s working knowledge of the horse industry both as a business and a hobby has helped her clients in acquiring raw land; planning, designing and entitling those equestrian communities; and selling lots to builders for equestrian oriented home sites. Caren’s knowledge of individual lot site planning in how to layout those homes, paddocks, small barns and trails systems proved invaluable to her clients.
Caren is a Licensed Realtor® in the State of Texas as well as a member of the Austin Board of Realtors, Texas Association of Realtors, Central Texas Commercial Association of Realtors, Commercial Brokers Association of Austin, Real Estate Council of Austin and National Association of Realtors.